• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
Sign in to follow this  
Genesisdude13

I have an original xbox now!

I got a free original Xbox from a coworker a few weeks ago. She said that the hard drive was locked, but I think she got confused because the video cord on the composite cords was damaged, and so nothing displayed on the television. (I did hear audio though.) I got a Xbox to HDMI adapter and removed the disc that was inside the disc drive. It booted up just fine, looks like only a few emulators are on the hard drive so I'll have to add more to it! I need to take it apart and clean it, the fans are quite noisy and I'm sure the thermal paste needs replacing. From what I gather it's a 1.6, so thankfully the clock capacitor shouldn't be leaking but I'll have to see if anything else might be leaking. (Hopefully not because other than it being noisy, the console works fine and reads discs fine too!) I can't wait to start looking into possibly getting a bigger hard drive down the road, and installing a newer mod someday too!